A common misconception of pelvic floor physical therapists is that we only treat pregnant/postpartum women and leaking. However, pelvic PT is so much more than that… we can treat your bowel and bladder symptoms too!
Here is our list of bowel and bladder issues that we can help with. Please don’t spend the rest of your life dealing with these issues on a daily basis, go to pelvic floor physical therapy and get your quality of life back!
Bowel symptoms we treat:
- Fecal incontinence
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Pain in rectum
- Pain with bowel movements
- Fecal urgency
- Rectocele (prolapse of rectum)
- Abdominal bloating/distention
Bladder symptoms we treat:
- Incomplete emptying/dribbling after stream ends
- Difficulty initiating flow
- Constant feeling of bladder fullness
- Urinary frequency (Overactive bladder)
- Urinating > 2 times during the night
- Recurrent UTI's (or UTI symptoms without having a true UTI)
- Urinary retention and hesitation
- Interstitial cystitis/ painful bladder syndrome
- Urinary urgency
- Stress: leaking with laughing, coughing, sneezing, etc.
- Urge: leaking when trying to get to the bathroom or when bladder or rectum is full